Do you need Veteran in home care now? Abby Services of Fort Myers and Cape Coral can help.
Yes, many families seek veteran in home care. However much of the information available is confusing and unclear. That is why we are excited for the following announcement about veteran in home care.
Abby Services has partnered with Vet Assist to help families manage veteran in home care.
The VetAssist Program will:
- Help you determine if you qualify for the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit.
- Assist you to identify and obtain documents needed for the application.
- Help you complete and submit the application to the VA.
- Provide your home care right away.
- Furnish an interest-free loan so you can pay for your home care while the VA processes your application.
- Monitor your application’s progress and assist with responses to VA requests for additional information until your pension is approved.
Even after you receive your pension, the VetAssist® Program keeps working for you to help manage veteran in home care.
- Monitor your home care, to assure that you get the services you need, on a schedule that works for you.
- Keep track of your medical expenses and help you stay in compliance with the VA, so you retain the maximum allowable pension amount.
- Assist you to file any additional paperwork with the VA.
- They’re always a phone call away if you have questions or concerns.
Getting the veteran in home care you need
Veterans Home Care can provide you with assistance including:
- Help with bathing
- Help with dressing
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Transferring to and from bed
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping
- Additional services – including help to access other community resources to improve your quality of life.
About the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit that helps pay for veteran in home care
In 1952 Congress passed Title 38 of the United States Code, creating what we now call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and authorizing benefits for veterans. One of these benefits is the Non-Service Connected Pension, with “Aid & Attendance.” (Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit.)
Even though the pension has been around for 60 years, very few people know about it or understand how it works. Veterans Home Care has 14 years’ experience successfully helping veteran families apply for and receive the pension. Let us help you, too.
Do You Have the “3-Ms”?
- Military: Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime*, with an honorable discharge? (Persian Gulf War veterans must have two years of active duty.)
- Medical: Do you have a non-service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Money: Do you have limited income and assets? (Your home and car are exempt.)
Did you serve during one of the *VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in the country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for 2 years.