Our Abby Services team is available around the clock to help you find the best in-home caregivers in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and all of Lee County.
Abby Services can help you find 24 hour in home care. How? By referring the best in-home caregivers in our area!
When people call Abby Services seeking around-the-clock care, they typically want 24 hour in home care. However, there are some important factors to consider when thinking about around-the-clock support.
Abby Services can help clients find the best solution to meet their particular needs. By working together with our nurse Scott Strachan we can help families develop a personalized care plan that delivers stability, support, and quality of life that meets their needs for any time frame.
Important factors to consider when considering 24 hour in home care.
- When hiring a private caregiver it is important to strike a balance between your actual needs and the hourly cost of having a caregiver available.
- If you do believe you require 24 hour in home care with full caregiver support we recommend having a team of trained caregivers available to assist in your home.
- Typically the best format for 24 hour in home care is to break your schedule down into 12 hour shifts. This allows you to have a caregiver who is awake, ready, and available to assist as needed.
- Live-in care IS NOT for seniors who need around-the-clock assistance from a caregiver.
- This is due to the expectation that a live-in caregiver receives uninterrupted downtime that may interfere with the time a client actually requires support.
- With a live in caregiver, the client provides food and a place to sleep with the expectation that a caregiver has a set period of time where they sleep uninterrupted.
- Live-in-care can be challenging.
- Typically if a client is seeking around-the-clock care, they are doing so because they anticipate the need from a caregiver both during the day and at night.
- The expectation is that a caregiver has uninterrupted time to sleep defeats the point of seeking 24 hour care.
- Further complicating live-in care are confusing, high stakes federal minimum wage and overtime laws which can be challenging to navigate.
Why? We believe it is the equivalent of hiring a roommate who you are responsible for feeding and housing. More than that this individual may sleep through the times a client may need them.
This is what Abby Services Recommends to clients seeking a caregiver around the clock.
Based on the reasons outlined above we at Abby Services does not recommend Live-In-Care. We encourage all clients seeking 24/7 support to consider having a caregiver who is ready and able to truly support them 24/7. This is accomplished by referring caregivers in 12-hour intervals, developing a day and night team who is ready to assist and fill in as needed.
Technology provides a good option for clients who want 24 hour monitoring, without paying for 24 hour care.
By leveraging current internet video technology a client who simply requires monitoring at night (or day) can have a webcam or series of webcams that can be remotely monitored by families. In addition to traditional video feeds there are motion detection and devices that notify when a door is open which can aid in this type of solution.
Just call Abby Services at 239-590-0861 to discuss how we can help you with your 24 hour care needs.
As you can see 24 hour care can be a complex subject. Don’t worry, we have you covered. We have been helping the residents of Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and all of Lee County find the best caregivers to be sure they can remain safe and independent for as long as they choose.