The Fort Myers and Lee County area has many seasonal residents. While Abby Services and the Private In-Home Caregivers we work with are there to help you remain independent while residing in the Sunshine State. Residents often find themselves asking who they can trust to make sure their home is safe while they are away. That is where a reliable Home Watch Service is important.
When selecting a Home Watch service here are some important things to consider:
- Is the Home Watch Service bonded and insured? This is extremely important and doesn’t require much explanation. No one should consider a service that is not properly bonded and insured.
- How long has the service been in business? This lets you know that they have and will continue to be there for you when you need them.
- How many people do they work with and who will be entering your property? In the case of staff emergencies who fills in? It is important to know who will be entering your property if there is an unexpected call off or emergency on their part.
- Do you expect the Home Watch Service to be listed first on any alarm? If yes, Can they respond to alarms in the middle of the night?
- Does the service use marked cars? While this may seem like a good practice this can signal to potential criminals that someone is away.
- Do they visit the home on the same day at the same time? A varied schedule may be preferable.
- How do they deal with emergencies with your home? You should ask: “Give me two examples of a homeowner’s emergency and how you have handled it?
- Request References: You should request and check references. A good idea is also to ask the company for an example of someone who has been unhappy and why.
- How often does the Homewatch Service communicate with the homeowner and by what method?
- How does the Home Watch Service handle your keys and who has access to them? Where are they kept and managed?
Whoever you choose, know that Abby Services is here to help. Whether you need to find the best in-home caregiver in Fort Myers or in selecting a reliable Home Watch Service, you can count on us. Just call 239-590-0861!
Here are links to some Home Watch Services in our area to help you get started: